Beckham is stepping down from his responsibility as England's captain, that's the next captain's retirement after Zidane, France's captain. Well quite sad lar, though its kinda expected. Beckham is already 31 that's about the end of a soccer player. Like what me and jin are discussing this afternoon. The 'lifespan' of a soccer player is very short (Though now I think it applies to almost all sportsmen) 20+ is their peak years. Get discovered before 20, gained experience, 20+ excel earn as much glory and money, 30+ retirement, or perhaps stay on but performance might not be as great as before. But like jin say, they've earn enough quite true lar. Well anyway quoted [Zidane also alluded to the physical rigours of top-flight football on an ageing body. "I didn't want to go on for another year. The past two years I haven't been on top form and that's no good when you play at a club like Real. "I'm at an age when it's more and more difficult (to play) every year. I don't want to spend another year like last year or even the last two years."]
Yesterday's second match is really a great one as well. I think its one of the best match played so far. Both teams played with great skills and sportsmanship. Well except the part where Ronaldo fake being tripped to get a free kick. But well perhaps he's just too anxious to score. No doubt they are the champs for WC'02 and WC'98. When the last whistle was blown, hugs are being exchanged. France consoled their opponents who had given a tough fight. Brazilians congrats the French on their win. It's a nice sight. This is what real sport should be.